Friday, September 19, 2008

Revenge

Recently, I was prompted to think of the books and movies I turn to when I need comfort, like when I have a cold/flu or I've had a stinker of a day. Most of the books or movies are romantic stuff like "You've Got Mail" or "Sense & Sensibility" etc but one film that came to mind later was "A Knight's Tale" with Heath Ledger. I mean who could forget one of opening scenes - medieval audience of jousting getting down to "We will rock you" or the meeting with a naked Geoffrey Chaucer - great writer, terrible gambler!!!!

Then just the other day I remembered another old friend - this time, music. The teenage boy next door decided to play his oh so droll, wouldn't know talent if it hit him on the head, music, loudly enough to be heard up and down the street. Now the door from our living room to the garden is very close to his downstairs "pad" - so being really pissed off after about 30 minutes of this "noise", I opened the door turned my stereo right up and gave him a serve of "You Shit Me To Tears" by The Tenants - twice. Great, great, great song. Did I mention how much I like this song? Good dance tune too. I was able to let him know exactly what I thought of his manners as well as his taste in music while dancing and singing all the anger out. Being the thick skinned type, it did not seem to make any difference to him but I felt so much better afterwards. Hah!
Lyrics as follows:

There's a little man & he sticks in my mind
He's a pain in the arse & seems to find
Every bone in my body with an axe to grind
And all I've got to say about it

You shit me to tears
Am I making this clear
Just give me a break
For fucks sake

He's got a big car and he drives real fast
But you can't see where you're going
With your head up your arse
His voice is kinda muffled cause it's full of shit
And all I've got to say about it

You shit me to tears (etc)

My, little Dougie (insert appropriate name) how you've grown so tall
You've grown into a painfull know it all
I'd like to shove your head into a barbed wire fence
But you'd probably tell me all about it....

You shit me to tears (etc)

As you can see, this one is for those times when one either wants to hit the offending person or run screaming with rage through the streets pulling one's hair out. The first will get one arrested and the second, committed - so the above revenge fits quite well. My reputation with my other neighbours may have suffered but some things are worth it. (Smug, self satisfied smile)

2 comments:

Bo said...

you've been ever so quiet. Are you OK?!

Syren said...

Hi Bo,
Yes am OK. For more details refer my email.
Stay well.