Friday, October 16, 2009

Playing Tourist

Recently we had a visit from my cousin Sarah and her husband Paul, from England.

The last time I saw her was three years ago when she was here on business so it was only a brief visit.  This time they stayed for three weeks.  It was so good to have them here and Little Tree took to them quickly, insisting that he and Paul spend hours over his sticker book and giving as much cheek back to Sarah as she gave him - "Yeah, wha' are you like, Sarah!"

So apart from days spent on our sunny verandah talking, drinking tea and eating way too much food, it was a good excuse to play tourist in our region. So here are some snaps....


Coffs Harbour


Coffs Harbour Marina


Whale watching


Pet Porpoise Pool




Butterfly House



Dorrigo National Park




Life immitating art.....



Finger Puppet Show.....


Dangar Falls


Shearing at my Mum's


Local Eastern Grey Kangaroos


This may be the last opportunity they have to visit, although they say they intend moving here just as soon as they win the lottery!!!! Goodness only knows if I'll ever get back. Even if funds allowed it, it would be a miracle to get Little Tree onto an aeroplane and I couldn't go without him and Mr I as it would not be worth going back unless I had at least six weeks there and I would find it too hard to be away from them that long.

No comments: